nafex - Re: [nafex] Razor Russet

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Razor Russet
  • Date: Sun, 06 May 2001 14:12:31 -0400

Ron:

There are apparently more than one 'Razor Russet' apple. The one I'm
familiar with was discoverd by the late UK Ext. Spec. WD Armstrong in the
Browning Orchard near Wallingford, KY. It was a limb mutation of Golden
Delicious, has the same growth habit, not much disease resistance, but does
ripen some 3 weeks prior to Golden and has a bit more flavor (acids).

Ed

Ron wrote:

> Hello,
> Can anyone provide me with information regarding Razor Russet apple? We
> added this variety to our collection two years ago and I would like to learn
> a little about the history, bloom time, disease resistance, harvest time,
> etc.
>
> Thanks,
> Ron
>
> Ron & Suzanne Joyner
> Big Horse Creek Farm
> Antique and Heirloom Apples
> e-mail: oldapple@bighorsecreekfarm.com
> web site: www.bighorsecreekfarm.com

Clubmom is the first free organization dedicated to rewarding and celebrating
Moms! Join today - it's free - and get a free year-long subscription
for Parents magazine - just for being a Mom!
http://us.click.yahoo.com/BVVVCC/YKfCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM