nafex - [nafex] Yahoo

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: NAFEX List <nafex@yahoogroups.com>, GrapesRUs <grapesrus@yahoogroups.com>, Growgrapes <growgrapes@yahoogroups.com>
  • Cc: Michel White <guru@grapeseek.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Yahoo
  • Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 18:23:34 -0700

General question for folks on Yahoo. Are you aware that Yahoo has taken on
and started promoting accounts in pornography? This was done in an effort
to boost their income since, as you have no doubt heard, they are no longer
doing well financially.
I have had a considerable amount of difficulty using Yahoo since the
egroups and onelist accounts were absorbed by them and this rather adds
another reason that I don't really want to support Yahoo.
I have no power in this matter directly, but I hope people on these
lists would at least think about this and consider changing groups.
Where to go? I have started a list on Topica (www.topica.com) and while
the letters have ads in them, they are all strictly text ads and I don't
find them objectionable. Perhaps Topica would be an alternative.

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM