nafex - Re: [nafex] Test

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Test
  • Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:02:53 -0400

First tomatoes came up in flats last week. Is there a springtime smell
more evocative than the smell of tomatoe seedlings (a fruit, so *not*
off topic) after you brush them with the sleeve of your shirt?

Starting several "classes" of grape cuttings using Lon Rombough's
directions for callousing, etc. Rule number one: Don't cheat on the
callous time. Rule number two: Don't cheat on the callous
temperature. The method works great if you follow the directions.
Frinkie (probably slayed spelling) V. riparia doing very well.

Chomping at the bit to repair vole damage. Heaped dirt around base of
some trees where damage was low and skinny strap of bark existed.

Had two lambs a month ahead of schedule. Rams are good jumpers when
motivated.

GoldRush open pollinated seedlings are up and first true leaves are just
starting to appear. Liberty OP (probably Dolgo) are planted outside and
do not expect to see them for a month.

A couple of pear seedlings were liberated from the nursery row and put
into three gallon pots. They have been commuting between the basement
next to the furnace at night and the deck by day. Dumb idea, lots of
work. Impatient. Fortunately, I am told, patience kicks in about the
same time that the back gets weak.

Must go.

Ginda Fisher wrote:

> Gorgeous weather here - in the high 50s and sunny. All the buds are
> swelling.
>
> Gordon Nofs wrote:
> >
> > Yeah Lon it came through. I was wondering if everyone was outside for the
> > last couple days. This is first to come through.
> > Gordon

-Joe Hecksel
Eaton Rapids, Michigan

Teach your child to read with Hooked on Phonics!
Hooked on Phonics is easy for parents, fun for
children and highly recommeded by educators.
Discover why over 2 million families have purchased
Hooked on Phonics to help their children succeed.
http://us.click.yahoo.com/oPDEUD/mfYCAA/OZ8EAA/VTJVlB/TM