nafex - Re: [nafex] Akebia anyone?

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Akebia anyone?
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2001 09:52:20 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

Quick question...

A lot of people would say that Black Currants taste like shoe innersoles,
less the sugar, but they make my favorite jelly. To which the ney-sayers
say, add enough sugar to anything and it will taste good.

Is there any good use of this Akebia, or is it only the best fruit that
can be grown in its native region?

I don't mean to knock anyone's opinion, but if I had not picked black
currants and processed them into jelly, I would have missed out on
something I like.

Maybe this would make a good annual NAFEX meeting event, tasting
fruit recipes made of less accepted fruit. All people would need to do is
bring a couple jars of their best less known fruit preserves, and let
people taste them on soda crackers.

I am still anxious to taste quince off my own tree, but have no plan to
eat one raw.

Just a thought. No offense meant to anyone. Taste is SO subjective.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio