nafex - [nafex] Dr. Good's grapes

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: "nafex@yahoogroups.com" <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Dr. Good's grapes
  • Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 17:47:37 -0800

Hello all:

We appear to be in a lull for Nafex email traffic, so I thought this
would be good time to float the question:

Is there anybody on the list who has fruited out any of Dr. Good's
grapes?

Dr. Good was a plant pathologist at Michigan State University. He
embarked upon a grape breeding program. Many of his crosses had Swenson
hybrids, French hybrids, and vinifera seedless parents.

Dr Good was stricken with cancer and passed on. Word was that his
planting fell before the bulldozers, but not before cuttings were taken
and passed out to grape enthusist.

Having written all that, I must confessed that the cuttings I received
did not make it through the first summer due to drought and my inability
to keep things watered.
--

-Joe Hecksel
Eaton Rapids, Michigan