nafex - [nafex] hormones through clay pots

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] hormones through clay pots
  • Date: Thu, 15 Feb 2001 16:53:28 -0000

Since no one responded to Tom's question about hormones passing
through clay pots, I'll just add a little-
when doing tissue culture, since hormones are destroyed by heat and
can't be sterilized using pressure cookers or the like, extremely
fine filters are used to sterilize the hormone mixture. Hope this
gives you a general idea of the permeability of these hormones, as
far as how small the pores in clay pots are, I haven't a clue, but if
you can find out I can look up how fine the tissue culture filters
are used to sterilize the mixes, if you really want to know.
kevin

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/982256051/