nafex - Re: [nafex] Fungicides & Mycorrhiza Fungi

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@yahoogroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fungicides & Mycorrhiza Fungi
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2001 14:16:59 -0600

No, if you are using a contact fungicide which coats plant foliage. I've
used neem seed oil, a fungicide, and never had any kill problems. The way a
fungicide works is to coat foliage and act as a barrier to fungal spores.
This action has absolutely nothing to do with mycorrhziae, which exists in
the soil. Even if the fungicide washes off trees and ends up in the soil,
there is no problem. As I said, fungicides are barriers.
Doreen Howard