nafex - [nafex] Northern pecan seedlings(commercial)

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Northern pecan seedlings(commercial)
  • Date: Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:09:01 -0600

Folks,
I'm a bit reluctant about posting this to the list, but as I see an
occasional commercial ad here and there, I'll go ahead:

I have several hundred field-grown 3-yr. old Northern/Midwestern pecan
seedlings available to 'good homes' , at reasonable cost(email me direct to
haggle over price). These are extras, grown for a CRP forestation project
I have going on the farm here. I'd like to see someone plant some of them,
but I'd like to recoup a little something for the time I've got invested in
them.

All are seedlings of "Major", grown from seednuts collected from a grove of
grafted trees("Peruque", "Posey", "Hodge", and several others I've been
unable to positively ID), and should be hardy and productive in most areas
of USDA zones 5 & 6. If nothing else, they should make good rootstocks for
topworking to good pecan/hickory selections.
Sizes are quite variable; most are 2-3 ft tall, some 4'+.

If interested, drop me a line.
Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY