nafex - [nafex] Screwtapes biggest lie, there will always be a tomorrow.

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Screwtapes biggest lie, there will always be a tomorrow.
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 21:46:29 -0800

Fluffy Bunny wrote:

> Gang:
>
> I received some unhappy news today....

I feel your pain. It reminds me of the summer I spent identifying the
superior mulberries in Lansing, Michigan. The three best selections
were all snuffed out that fall before I could gather scion wood. Who
would have imagined? One became a used car lot. One was removed in a
frenzy of landlord guilt. The other...who knows why it was mowed down.
I was able to salvage a few twigs from the landlord tree, but to no
avail. Gone forever.

If it is any consolation,

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/tax_stat.pl?22955

lists 8269 selections of tomatoes. I traded emails with the curator,
Larry D. Robertson (ldr9@nysaes.cornell.edu) and found him to be a
first-class kind of guy. He was very willing to swap a few emails with
me. The only problem with 8269 selections if finding those with the
characteristics you desire.

Best regards.
--

-Joe Hecksel