nafex - [nafex] Grafter's Handbook

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Grafter's Handbook
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:01:24 -0600

At 12:33 PM 02/02/2001 -0500, Gordon wrote:
I came across an old Grafter's Handbook by R. J. Garner of the East Malling
>Research Station. My one son-in-law found it im Minneapolis Library about 12
>years ago and copied over 170 pages. It has very interesting items on
>grafting and propagation.
> I highly recommend it to anyone who can find it. I think it was done
>second edition 1957, But there are articles going back into the 30s.
> All this stuff on grafting, budding, inarching, misting and a lot of ways
>that have not been brought to light on this site.

Garner's "The Grafter's Handbook" is still in print(I think) - I got the
latest edition(1993) from Amazon or B&N a year or two back, for a little
over $20 US. I suspect that it's little changed since the first edition;
as Gordon indicated, lots of good information in one package.
.
Hmm. Checked Amazon & B&N - both show it out of stock, at the moment.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups