nafex - [nafex] top grafting of apples

  • From: tugger@netreach.net
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] top grafting of apples
  • Date: Fri, 02 Feb 2001 12:15:20 -0000

I grafted about 400 M7, B9 & M9 apples trees last spring and had
probably an 85% success rate of takes. (We'll see when spring gets
here) I want to regraft scions to the remaining live in-the-ground
rootstocks this spring and assume that I cut the rootstock down to 3
or 4 inches from the ground, do a cleft graft, wrap it with a
rubber?, coat it with latex paint and let it go and hope. I would
appreciate any and all suggestions on how I improve this approach.
Mike

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/981116131/