nafex - Re: [nafex] Global warming, etc.

  • From: "Richard J. Ossolinski" <osso@acadia.net>
  • To: nafex@yahoogroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Global warming, etc.
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jan 2001 00:40:51 -0500

I was teasing, Donna, honest (I just couldn't let that one slip by.) Your
posts to this group are thoughtful and often bring a refreshing perspective to
the topic at hand; and sometimes they're downright entertaining!
I enjoy them all, even when they deal with subjects that don't particularly
interest me. Keep 'em coming!
Richard

Kieran or Donna wrote:

> Richard Ossolinski wrote: Great piece, Donna, though I think it would have
> had a bit more credibility if you'd omitted the last sentence - or are you
> traveling by bicycle? :-)
>
> Well, I did feel pretty stupid tacking that on the end, but we never go
> anywhere, we even have our work schedule set up so we camp out in town 2
> nights a week ( and barely sleep for trying to get the most out of the
> computer) so we don't have to commute 20 miles back and forth every day from
> home. We actually took a bus to Arizona to see my son last summer, seems to
> have given me itchy feet. They had a 2 for one deal and it was cheaper and
> quicker than driving, which didn't appeal much anyway. So I figure I ought
> to use up my "energy credits" or whatever you would call all my scrimping on
> energy. We'll see friends (and NAFEXers) and hit bookstores and oriental
> groceries on the way and even grit our teeth and deal with the INS
> (Immigrations and Naturalizations, one of the most unpleasant federal
> agencies) which will save us a 600 mile round trip to Memphis. Then we
> won't have to go to any big cities again for a couple of years. Donna

eGroups is now Yahoo! Groups
Click here for more details
http://click.egroups.com/1/11231/0/_/423498/_/980573832/