nafex - Re: [nafex] Fwd: Pear enquiry

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Fwd: Pear enquiry
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 06:55:23 -0500

Lucky Pittman wrote-----------

> >I was considering Raintree's Warren or
> >Harrow Delight, and the Comice. All are OHxF 333 rootstocks, semi-dwarf.
> >How
> >tall might I expect these to get, do you know, and how soon might they
> >begin
> >to bear?

My response--------

Warren (or Magness, which is near identical) and Comice take many years
produce fruit (under ideal conditions, 5-7, Comice even more). Harrow
Delight is
very sensative to many eastern strains of fireblight, although apparently not
all.
How tall will they get? This is a great question and nearly impossible
answer. If spaced properly (and no shading from other trees), they'll be some
14-18' tall at maturity on 333.

Hope this helps.

ed