nafex - Re: [nafex] cold winter and global warming

  • From: "H. Dessureault" <inter.verbis@atreide.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] cold winter and global warming
  • Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 02:28:20 -0500

These thoughts are most disturbing...
Climate records are very recent (maybe a 100 years or so). No one really knows whether the climate is really getting warmer, and if so warmer as compare to what? Let us beware of jumping on the band wagon caused by insidious propaganda. The conditions on this planet are ever changing, the climate being but only a small aspect. Is there a point to worrying about it?
It seems to me that humans are most of all irresponsible, disrespectful and shortsighted in their treatment of the environment, particularly at this time in history after having achieve numerous means to effect changes without due understanding of consequences... in the name primarily of progress and profit. There are limits to this approach and, yes, a price to pay. It is an inescapable law, that the pendulum do come back.
Kyoto Summit and the likes on global warming seem mostly for the show. In fact, it is a demonstration of broken promises and very little results. A poor demonstration of good will.The other side of the coin to international trade agreements, where alas you find real determination, not necessarily for the betterment of mankind.
Let us not be distracted from doing the best we can, today, within our reach for the joy of our small cosmos.
Let us plant a tree!

Hélène Dessureault