nafex - [nafex] copyright issues

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] copyright issues
  • Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 22:52:53 -0000

I intend to respond fully to some of the posts on this issue.
especially to Greg's post, but first I just want to say briefly that
what Dan and Kevin M are objecting to are not just the outlandish
rarities such as copying a persons material at length and publishing
it elsewhere without crediting the author nor splitting some of the
proceeds with the original author butfor profit, which I can't see
any NAFEX member doing, but rather they object to taking even a
paragraph of their post and sharing it with another for educational
purposes, even if they are credited for it.
To ask permission for such a tidbit of info would take a day to go to
the author, get a response and then and then try to find the original
questioner to post him the answer. No one has time for that, to make
restrictions so rigid means that the question will simply go
unanswered.
Kevin B
By the way, perhaps someone might explain to me why they consider
this subject to be off- topic.

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/976661582/