nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless culling
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2000 16:36:49 -0800

Swaar is a decent apple in a cool climate and it keeps like iron, but it
looks lousy. The sugar-acid balance is decent here and it's a very
acceptible apple if you don't look at the very rough coat. Like so many
fruits, it needs a specific climate to do well.
-Lon Rombough
Grapes, unusual fruits, writing, consulting, more, at
http://www.hevanet.com/lonrom

----------
>From: "Big Swede" <JFrisk@pionet.net>
>To: <nafex@egroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Are your plants working for you? AKA, Ruthless
>culling
>Date: Fri, Dec 29, 2000, 3:28 PM
>

>The "Apples of New York" just raved about an old apple named "Swaar". It
>was supposed to stay on the tree long and be very good eating. I grew it
>and found it the most unappetizing apple I ever grew. It stayed on the tree
>a long time because I don't believe the birds would even eat it. It might
>of done well in the Hudson River Valley but in SW Iowa it was a real dud.
>Judson L. Frisk

With US & International rates as low as 3.9c a minute from Net2Phone
Direct Plus Up to 1500 FREE minutes; you can call everyone on your list!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10924/0/_/423498/_/978136197/