nafex - [nafex] Re: Ashmead's K apple

  • From: orchardist@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Ashmead's K apple
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2000 06:35:15 -0000

I had ST. Edmonds Pippen a few years ago. I have a problem with pre
harvest drop and it was too early. It was a pretty looking apple.
It was a graft on one of my trees. I replaced it with Brown russet,
a later ripening apple. MIke WA. --- In nafex@egroups.com,
edforest55@h... wrote:
> Ashmeades Kernel survived 43 below here in N WI., but with some
> difficulty, I rate it a zone 3b apple. It may have difficulty
> ripening in short seasons but B Mckently's wife told me that it is
> little damaged by fall frosts, maintaining its texture even after
> falling to the ground and laying around in the cold, in the fall
> after the hard frosts. Haven't fruited mine in Minocqua yet, St
Ed's
> Pippen is supposed to be the earliest ripening of the russets.
> Kevin B

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/977294121/