nafex - Re: [nafex] topworking and high grafting

  • From: Tom Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] topworking and high grafting
  • Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 10:17:21 -0500

Hello,

Last spring I cleft grafted a Improved Snow (Fameuse like) apple, onto a 2.5"
diameter trunk sucker, about 4 feet from the ground. Over the summer the
graft
did quite well and the scion grew about 3 feet. Is this graft in jeopardy of
freezing this winter?

This is my only successful graft to this point.

Would the application of additional grafting wax at the union offer any
protection from winter damage?

If it keeps snowing like this I will be up to my hips in snow going out to the
orchard. We have had mild winters for years, and we are getting a good ole
fashioned one this year! Lots of snow!

Any ideas on my cleft graft, and protecting it from freeze damage if
necessary?

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Canada

Dial 800-555-TELL. Instant updates - One free call.
Sports, stocks, driving directions...& much more!
http://click.egroups.com/1/10791/0/_/423498/_/976806817/