nafex - [nafex] Re: Granny Smith apple origin

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Re: Granny Smith apple origin
  • Date: Mon, 11 Dec 2000 13:31:02 -0000

An article in an early Pomona reprinted in one of the "Pomona in
Reviews" stated that the cultiver Mrs. Smith of Sydney bought, from
the seed of which Granny Smith grew, was the old English
cultivar "French Crab" which is still in existence; I think that
Bultitude's book lists it. It is apparently well thought of by some
who know it.

Douglas Woodard

--- In nafex@egroups.com, "H. Dessureault" <inter.verbis@a...> wrote:
> Hi,
> I find your discussion on varieties very interesting.
> I imagine Bramley to be a parent of Granny Smith, is that so?
> Would you happen to know about Reine des pommes?
> Some information would be very appreciated.
>
> H. Dessureault
> Québec, Zone 3a

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/976541463/