nafex - Re: [nafex] Online vs. Print

  • From: "del stubbsrockyman" <pinewoodel@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Online vs. Print
  • Date: Sun, 03 Dec 2000 04:39:53 -0000

Donna, 3 cheers from this quarter as well!! i finally purchased the 40 or
so back isues of pomona that are still available. I have no words for the
value in there to me as i make decisions in establishing fruit plantings in
this challenging climate. In regards to folks not having web acess, my wife
and i got started last year using the local libraries computer and one at a
local community center, as total beginners. Having all the back issues
available would be a priceless resource, and quite worthy of financial
investment by nafex
minnesota del

>From: "Kieran or Donna" < herring@tnaccess.com>
>To: <nafex@egroups.com>
>Subject: Re: [nafex] Online vs. Print
>Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2000 12:25:42 -0600
>
>Tom wrote:
>If someone wants to put a course online as suggested on the e-list... I
>really can't think of anything better than searchable back issues of
>POMONA where you could enter the word "grafting" or any other subject
>you might be interested in and get all the previous articles and
>references about it instantly.
>
>Wow, brilliant idea. If the old articles could be scanned, and simply
>arranged by subject, then an index could be developed later. Think about
>Ed Fackler's "Back to Basics" column for example, covering much of interest
>for the beginner. And decades worth of general fruit reports might be
>listed by the state the author lives in. What grew, what died, what
>resisted or succumbed to disease, what tasted great, what never cropped, I
>would love to look up articles from TN and KY. I wasn't much interested
>when you all talked about writing the whole thing from scratch, but I'd
>love
>to give the public access to NAFEXers years of experience. Think of
>beloved members now dead, but still teaching, still saving beginners from
>the Walmart Special. It would make them far happier than any number of
>flowers on their graves. Donna

eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9699/0/_/423498/_/975818410/

  • Re: [nafex] Online vs. Print, del stubbsrockyman, 12/02/2000