nafex - Re: [nafex] Rodent Damage

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Rodent Damage
  • Date: Sat, 4 Nov 2000 18:46:36 -0600

Ginda,
I had similar problems with rabbits eating the blueberries and rhubarb last
year. I made little cages with chicken wire--diameter slightly larger that
the plant--and just set them around each plant. I pinned the cages to the
ground with wire wickets I made--mostly so the cages wouldn't blow away in
the wind. That stopped the damage completely. Other blueberries and a
juvenile lilac I forgot to cover were eaten to the ground within a couple of
weeks. Those rabbits have voracious appetites.
Doreen Howard