nafex - [nafex] Fwd: Re: Male persimmons

  • From: jhecksel@voyager.net
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Fwd: Re: Male persimmons
  • Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 08:44:01 -0600 (CST)

---- Forwarded message from Jwlehman@aol.com ----
Originally from

From: Jwlehman@aol.com

Hello Joe,

Sorry to say I know of no D. virginiana males that have good fall
colors. If fact no virginiana females really have good fall colors
either. Typically they trun from green to pale yellow then drop. Some
turn slightly maroon before frosts. Kaki persimmons have good color
and the one at my rear south door is bright red, orange and green
right now. Several people have commented about it's brilliant colors.
Problem is, kaki persimmon will not likely last long at your location,
mine neither. Typically, kaki will not live many years where the
winter temps. can dip to 0 and below.

Sorry to bear such disappointing information.

Jerry Lehman

------ End forwarded message ------

eGroups eLerts
http://click.egroups.com/1/9698/0/_/423498/_/974213042/

  • [nafex] Fwd: Re: Male persimmons, jhecksel, 11/14/2000