nafex - Re: [nafex] Male American Persimmon

  • From: Lucky Pittman <Lucky.Pittman@murraystate.edu>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Male American Persimmon
  • Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 08:52:58 -0600

At 06:13 AM 11/10/2000 -0600, Joe wrote:
>I am looking for a male American Persimmon that has *excellent* fall
>color. I wish to graft some seedling persimmons.

Joe,
I've got access to one, planted across the driveway from the '816'
persimmon I gather from every year. Never really paid that much attention
to the color, but I guess it's, well, yellow; didn't notice black spot
being any worse than on any other persimmon around here.
Let me know if you want scions.

John Gordon has "Slate" male and "Szukis" 'bisexual', but I don't know
anything about their fall coloration.

Lucky Pittman
USDA Zone 6
Hopkinsville, KY