nafex - Re: Wild HImalayan Amla

  • From: "Dr. Chiranjit Parmar" <parmarch@vsnl.com>
  • To: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • Subject: Re: Wild HImalayan Amla
  • Date: Sat, 03 Nov 2029 22:03:01 +0530

Your place appear to be quite cold. The places where Amla grows naturally do not get below -4 F. So I cannot say how will this plant behave?

This wild Amla just grows wild. NO research has been carried out on its climatic requirements and there is no authentic scientific information.

So it will be an experiment in which you may succeed or may not.

Please write me what more description do you want?

There is a full chapter on Wild AMla in my book, WILD FRUITS OF THE SUB-HIMALAYAN REGION and details are given there. I think you have a copy. If not, you may borrow from NAFEX Library.

Thanks

C. PARMAR