nafex - Re: [nafex] Apple Trees and Drought

  • From: "Kieran or Donna" <redherring@tnaccess.com>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Apple Trees and Drought
  • Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2000 23:26:55 -0500

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/15/_/423498/_/967696533/

Drought stressed apple and sometimes pear trees often bloom in the autumn
(i.e., a second time) when the fall rains come, so they may not bloom much
if any the next year. Also, drought in spring causes temps to fluctuate
much more widely than usual, so in a long term drought the crop is
frequently lost due to a late frost. Easier on the trees that was I'm sure.
The 1985-1988 drought we went in the TN Valley through was not fun!
Donna z6 TN