nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: wimpy grape cuttings

  • From: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: wimpy grape cuttings
  • Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2000 21:01:40 -0700

More likely the vinifera - Reisling, PN, Gewurtz may have problems,
especially if you have cold winters.

The cuttings of the fig you sent me came out, seemed to be doing fine, then
collapsed. I suspect they got root rot, but I'm not sure.
-Lon Rombough
----------
>From: Carolyn Wood <natvwine@cut.net>
>To: nafex chat <nafex@egroups.com>
>Subject: [nafex] Re: wimpy grape cuttings
>Date: Wed, Aug 23, 2000, 6:52 PM
>

>I started four varieties of grapes this year; Leon Millot, Pinot Noir,
>Gewurtztraminer (sp?) and Riesling.
>
>The success varied wildly with 20% for LM, 30% for PN, 100% for Gewurtz,
>and 75% for Riesling. Seems to me like the warmth lovers (reds) didn't
>appreciate our cool nights and I take that as a signal that they will be
>trouble later too in our climate.
>
>Lon, am I assuming too much or am I just being lazy?
>
>Thanks, Bob- Z4 Utah
>
>PS, I also rooted six of those figs I talked about earlier in the year
>and will soon post a detailed description of the fruit as the mother
>plant is apparently loaded and ripe.

GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds! Get rates
Apply NOW!
http://click.egroups.com/1/7872/0/_/423498/_/967090188/