nafex - [nafex] Granny question

  • From: edforest55@hotmail.com
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Granny question
  • Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 04:18:10 -0000

I had read that if you leave a Granny Smith to ripen longer that it
becomes sweeter and more intense. Then I saw in the store some apples
labeled "Rosy Granny" or something like that, it looked like a Granny
Smith but had a touch of red. I have tasted dozens of different kinds
of apple and I must say that I think that if the texture better that
it would have been my number one favorite. Could this be a Granny
Smith that was ripened longer? Or is it a different variety?
Kevin
PS Thanks much for the responses to the Brogdale post!

http://click.egroups.com/1/7012/0/_/423498/_/965881097/