nafex - Re: [nafex] Re: Bluejay catchers

  • From: "Gordon C. Nofs" <gcnofs@hotmail.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Re: Bluejay catchers
  • Date: Sun, 09 Jul 2000 16:32:54 EDT

Hank
I have two hives right by the Hardy Pecan trees. I have never seen them
around them.
That reminds me I have to put on another super.
Gordon

I once kept several hives of bees and was disturbed to find bluejays
sitting on each hive and eating the returning honey and pollen
gathers.

When all else failed, I baited a spring rat trap with a few dead bees
and set it on the hive. No more blue jays. But I guess I wasn't
enlightened enough to use them for supper.
Hank Parker
Maple syrup, apples
NH zone 3-4