nafex - Re: [nafex] chlorosis

  • From: Ed & Pat Fackler <rocmdw@aye.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] chlorosis
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 17:42:05 -0400

Carolyn --- Chlorosis sometimes shows up in very old leaves due simply to
the aging process of the leaves. Or, if the chlorosis is near the
rootstock, but not up on the new scion growth, I'd not worry about it.

Ed

Carolyn Wood wrote:

> I have a question about chlorosis in new growth from grafts on apple
> and pear rootstock.
> Many of my young trees are showing signs of severe yellowing, both
> on standard Ant. and Emla 9 stock. My soil is quite basic, so I expect
> some of this but I would like to know how the root/scion relationship
> affects susceptibility to chlorosis.
>
> Thanks to all...Bob Z4 Central Utah.

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/423498/_/964992955/