nafex - [nafex] Unknown apple variety

  • From: "Ron " <oldapple@fastransit.net>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Unknown apple variety
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 09:25:12 -0400

Hello,
A customer contacted us recently and asked if we could locate an old
apple variety known as "Goud Reinet" or Gold Reinette. It supposedly
originated in the Netherlands, but we do not know much more than that. We
are familiar with several varieties named "Golden Reinette" which are of
European origin, namely English and German. There is also a variety of this
name originating in Russia, but we are not familiar with a "Gold Reinette"
from the Netherlands.

Is any NAFEX member familiar with a "Gold Reinette" from the
Netherlands? If so, please let us know more about this apple and perhaps a
source where it may be located.

Thank you very much.

Ron & Suzanne Joyner
Big Horse Creek Farm