nafex - [nafex] Genetic engineering and fruit domestication

  • From: dwoodard@becon.org
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Genetic engineering and fruit domestication
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:37:37 -0000

I notice that a recent article in the New Scientist reports the
discovery of a "gene for giant fruit" and quotes one investigator as
saying "we could have a speeded-up way of domesticating a crop." See

http://www.newscientist.com/news/news_224737.html

I suspect that Murphy's Law might have something to say about that,
but it's an interesting idea.

Doug Woodard

Hate housework?...then WIN A MAID....
http://click.egroups.com/1/7009/0/_/423498/_/964625865/

  • [nafex] Genetic engineering and fruit domestication, dwoodard, 07/26/2000