nafex - Re: [nafex] Was: Weed fabric; Now: Mulch and Stink Bugs

  • From: "Doreen Howard" <doreenh@ticon.net>
  • To: "Lon J. Rombough" <lonrom@hevanet.com>, <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Was: Weed fabric; Now: Mulch and Stink Bugs
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jul 2000 11:07:37 -0500

Douglas fir needles will work fine--I've used them. Raking up pine needles
isn't a bad chore. When I lived in Springfield, IL, I'd take my wheelbarrow
out into the greenbelt and fill it within 5 minutes. Same in Texas--there
it is was Loblolly pine, a white pine that took the heat. In fact, all the
neighbors would rake up the needles and put them out in the trash. So, I'd
take my wheelbarrow and go up and down the alley collecting the black
plastic bags filled with needles. I become know as the Bag Lady of Hurst
Place. Soon, I had the neighbors trained. They'd pitch their bags filled
with needles over my back fence or pile them in the driveway.
D.