nafex - Re: [nafex] Food dehydrater

  • From: Sam Franc <franc@harborside.com>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Food dehydrater
  • Date: Sat, 01 Jul 2000 12:56:06 -0700

Continuing: You can make a good drier pretty easily if you are handy.
The parts are all easy to obtain.
Heating element
Fan
Thermostat
A little wire.
A switch
Build a box. Metal preferrably but wood works fine too.
Make some shelves out of window screen.
I made one once that way out of plywood and it worked just fine
I made it 4 feet tall and about 2 feet square to take advantage of plywood
size.

Heater and fan in the bottom and exhaust out the top.
I bought commercial aluminum window screen framing with the preformed corner
joints and used fiberglas screening. Went together slick.
Sam

http://click.egroups.com/1/5941/0/_/423498/_/962481369/