nafex - Re: [nafex] Egg Mixture

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Egg Mixture
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 19:08:52 -0400 (EDT)

Hello,

As Blue Jays are nest robbers and egg theives, it would not be reasonable
to expect them to be dissuaded by the smell of egg.

I would like to build an owl, which the head swivels with the wind.
Making it a little more animated may make it a better scare crow for
birds.

A plastic barn owl kept sea gulls off my boat, at its river mooring for
years. But since the boat was always moving in the current, I did not
need to animate the owl, dry land is a different story.

Someone with more brains than me would build in a motion dector, animated
head, and sound into that fake owl.

Regards,
Tom

--