nafex - [nafex] Apple Mill/Crusher Plans?

  • From: Thomas Olenio <tolenio@sentex.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: [nafex] Apple Mill/Crusher Plans?
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jun 2000 09:49:00 -0400 (EDT)

Hello List,

Let me apologize for this somewhat off topic question.

I am looking to build an apple crusher to produce the apple pummic/pulp
for my hand screw cider press. The problem is that I am no machinist and
the design will have to be old fashioned and made from wood.

I have a steel central shaft/axle and the necessary pillow bearings to
mount it. I am told by an cider mill which uses a grinder from the early
1900's that wood screws can be used as teeth (leave the heads sticking
out) in the spiining central drum, to chew the apples. They claim that
screws are used to this day in their grinder/mill.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as far as plans or pitfalls go?

Again, I am looking for a wood design.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas Olenio
Ontario, Hardiness Zone 6a

SALESFORCE.COM MAKES SOFTWARE OBSOLETE
Secure, online sales force automation with 5 users FREE for 1 year!
http://click.egroups.com/1/2658/0/_/423498/_/961595349/