nafex - RE: [nafex] Digest Number 370

  • From: "Kelly, Bob" <BKELLY@KMG.com>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Digest Number 370
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 07:49:56 -0500

Carolyn,

To the best of my knowledge, it is not possible to correlate acid/base
titration of soil samples with pH. Soils are so complex that all sorts of
reactions take place. pH is the net result of a particular soil chemistry,
and is a relatively simple procedure to test one important soil
characteristic. I am surprised at the difficulties expressed about pH
meters. There are pretty good meters availible ( that really read pH) for
about $40, from reputable laboratory supply houses. These cheap ones do
wear out, and must be replaced from time to time.

Bob Kelly

The world's largest musician community, with over 50,000 gear
reviews and over 15,000 pages of content, is a click away.
http://click.egroups.com/1/3737/0/_/423498/_/959950164/

  • RE: [nafex] Digest Number 370, Kelly, Bob, 06/02/2000