nafex - [nafex] Kiwifruit Pollen Viability

  • From: "dwalsh/wchase" <wchase@interchange.ubc.ca>
  • To: <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Kiwifruit Pollen Viability
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:36:38 -0700

Thanks, Bob, very much for your kiwi pollination info. I've hard-copied it
for
my files.

I threw out my A argutas last year ... they just kept getting frosted and
having
to leaf out all over again.

My A deliciosa don't have the same frost-sensitivity.

I do have lots of bumbles, but in this wet windy weather, even they stay
inside
until the weather improves.

Hoping the weather improves,

Derry

Derry Walsh & Bill Chase email:wchase@interchange.ubc.ca
Aldergrove, B. C., Canada
phone/fax (604) 856-9316
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Home web page http://www.interchange.ubc.ca/wchase/HTML
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2000 8:17 PM
Subject: [nafex] Re: Kiwifruit Pollen Viability

: Derry,
:
: This spring we have had cool weather that resulted in an
: extended the bloom period of A. kolomikta. Presently,
: these cold-hardy kiwifruit plants have been blooming for
: two weeks now and this will likely continue into next
: week. Normally, the flowering period lasts a week to 10
: days

: However, research suggests that pollination during cold
: temperatures may in some instances help overcome
: incompatibility problems and produce fruit set.
:
: Pollen Viability
: If dry, pollen from male kiwifruit plants will remain
: viable at sub-freezing temperatures and can be kept for
: more than a year. : I hope this information is of some use. Hope you get
: great yields with your kiwifruit (A. deliciosa-?) plants.
:
: Sincerely,
:
: Bob Guthrie

22,345,678 matches to your search term?
Inforocket.com is the fast way to the right answer - guaranteed.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4521/0/_/423498/_/959521687/