nafex - [nafex] Memorial Day.... event.

  • From: "J. Rosano II" <GIANNI-2@prodigy.net>
  • To: "NAFEXer's" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: [nafex] Memorial Day.... event.
  • Date: Sat, 27 May 2000 21:57:50 -0400

Dear folks this is a National event, apologies if this is off topic at
all.

Memorial day observance...

Taken from, Dear Abby column

As we prepare to celebrate Memorial Day, we should remember that
this
noble holiday is more than just a day off from work or school to spend
time
with our families or enjoy the outdoors. Memorial Day was created to
honor
those who gave their lives in service to our nation and to reflect on
the
blessings of freedom.
This year, President Clinton and the US congress are joining
together to
urge Americans to put the "memorial" back into Memorial Day by
participating
in a National Moment of Remembrance. At 3 p.m. local time on Monday,
May 29,
Americans everywhere are encouraged to pause for one minute to pay
tribute to
your fallen heroes. We ask that "Taps" be played on radio and
television
stations and at public events wherever possible and that those driving
turn
on their headlights. Whether at home or abroad, alone or with others,
every
American is encouraged to observe this moment of reflection in his or
her own
way.
On Memorial Day 2000, let us as a nation unite to thank the
courageous
men and women who paid with their lives so that we could enjoy this
Memorial
Day and every day in freedom.
John Podesta, Chief of Staff to the President

As a veteran, I can't have put this into words better. Please
pass this on to your other friends and salute the men and women who
have
given their lives.
God Bless you all!

Remember the good 'ol days
http://click.egroups.com/1/4053/0/_/423498/_/959478841/

  • [nafex] Memorial Day.... event., J. Rosano II, 05/27/2000