nafex - Re: RE: [nafex] Minie / Miney pears

  • From: "Margie Luffman" <luffmanm@EM.AGR.CA>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: RE: [nafex] Minie / Miney pears
  • Date: Wed, 24 May 2000 14:45:02 -0400

Hello Claude. I will send you the same information that I am sending to
Richard. There was no mention of Savignac pear in this literature, but I
will see if I can find something elsewhere.

Margie Luffman
Curator, Canadian Clonal Genebank Program
Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada
Greenhouse and Processing Crops Research Centre
2585 County Road 20
Harrow, Ontario
N0R 1G0

Phone: 519-738-2251 ext. 474
Fax: 519-738-2929
E-mail: luffmanm@em.agr.ca

A 10:36 00.05.24 -0400, Margie Luffman wrote :
>Hello Richard. I will fax a copy of this to you. The group does include
Phileson and they are first mentioned (briefly) in the CEF Hort. Division
Progress Report for 1934-48. I'll send a copy of that too.

Margie,
I would also be very interested by this information and read the original
descriptions... Also, I would like to find the origin of the Savignac pears
- 4 or 5 trees were sent to Brother Savignac at Joliette around 1947 by the
Ottawa farm, presumably for testing. I think they were unnamed selections
from this same program. 2 of these trees are still alive (at least were a
few years ago) and wood from these trees have been propagated under the
name 'Savignac'. I would very much like to see if there are mentions of
these trees in the report, and if we could find their parentage.
Thanks very much,
Claude Jolicoeur
Fax : 418-656-7415
197 Aberdeen, Quebec, G1R 2C9

BeMANY, where eGroups members SAVE on long distance.
http://click.egroups.com/1/4121/0/_/423498/_/959182785/

Old school buds here:
http://click.egroups.com/1/4057/0/_/423498/_/959193980/