nafex - RE: [nafex] Pear leaf spot

  • From: "Bell, Richard" <rbell@afrs.ars.usda.gov>
  • To: "'nafex@egroups.com'" <nafex@egroups.com>
  • Subject: RE: [nafex] Pear leaf spot
  • Date: Tue, 23 May 2000 10:32:59 -0400

Raised blisters are typical of blister mites, but the spots are somewhat
irregular in shape. They would appear early in the season, and the
blisters are light green before they turn brown. Neither Fabraea or
Mycosphaerella leaf spots have raised lesions, but they generally begin
as small, round spots. I think Ed is probably correct in his diagnosis.

Richard L. Bell
Research Horticulturist
USDA, ARS
Appalachian Fruit Research Station