nafex - Re: [nafex] Digest Number 328

  • From: Ginda Fisher <ginda@concentric.net>
  • To: nafex@egroups.com
  • Subject: Re: [nafex] Digest Number 328
  • Date: Thu, 27 Apr 2000 21:26:45 -0400

Gord,

I can't help you with a Canadian supplier, but once when doing a
web-search, I stumbled upon
Fall Creek Farm & Nursery, a wholesale blueberry grower. Their minimum
order is listed as $200 for the US, or $500 for Canada, so I assume they
ship there. The minimum quantity of plants they sell is 100. Sounds
like you will qualify.

They can be reached by computer at www.vaccinium.com, or
blueberries@fallcreeknursery.com. They also give "hard" contact info
as:

39318 Jasper-Lowell Road
Lowell Oregon 97452,
(541) 937-2973
Fax (541) 937-3373.

They several half-high cultivars, as well as northern and southern
highbush. I see that they have Chippewa, Northblue, Northcountry,
Northsky, Polaris. They also have some hardy highbush cultivars.

A retailer of blueberry bushes that carries a lot of half-highs is St.
Lawrence Nurseries. Their largest listed quantity is 20, so I don't
know if they would be able to meet your order. They also cost more per
plant. They do have a large assortment of half-highs (11). They don't
grow their own, but sell good stock, wherever it comes from. They can
be reached at http://www.sln.potsdam.ny.us, or trees@sln.potsdam.ny.us.
They are located at St. Lawrence Nurseries, 325 State Hwy. #345,
Potsdam, New York 13676, Telephone (315) 265-6739. They specialize in
cold-hardy plants.

Ginda Fisher
Eastern Massachusetts, zone 6

> Message: 14
> Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 21:42:32 -0400
> From: "Gord Hawkes" <logcabinorchard@cyberus.ca>
> Subject: Re: mycorrhizal innoculants
>
> Greetings all! Great group of knowledgeable people! Keep it up! Got a
> question about availability of Mycorrhizal innoculants - does anyone know
> of a reliable Canadian distributor preferably in Ontario.
>
> Also, I'm looking for 300+ half-high blueberry plants hardy to zone 5 again
> preferably from a Canadian source anyone know of any?
>
> Best regards,
>
> Gord Hawkes
> Log Cabin Orchard
> Osgoode, ON
> Canada, eh
> K0A 2W0

  • Re: [nafex] Digest Number 328, Ginda Fisher, 04/27/2000