msar-riders - [MSAR] FW: New NASAR Website Goes Live !

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "irvin lichtenstein" <ilichten1@verizon.net>
  • To: <msar-pa@lists.ibiblio.org>, <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] FW: New NASAR Website Goes Live !
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 17:56:30 -0500

Title: NationBuilder

From: The National Association For Search And Rescue [mailto:chrisb@nasar.org]
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 2:01 PM
To: Irvin Lichtenstein
Subject: New NASAR Website Goes Live !

The National Association For Search And Rescue

Irvin --

NASAR is announcing the release of its new website at www.nasar.org

Over the past several months NASAR has worked hard to collect member input and develop an absolutely new website that is responsive to member needs and provides them with access to valuable SAR related resources.

The website now has many new features like:

  • News - Front page issues that are happening in NASAR and the SAR community as a whole.
  • Blogs from the President and the Executive Director - This is where you will hear about some of the exciting items we are working on, and the direction of the organization.
  • Gear Review - Your reviews of the gear that you own (or want to own).  Send us your review today!
  • Newsletter Archive - where you can find past (and maybe some really awesome old) newsletters.
  • About NASAR - Here is the Board of Directors list, copies of Board meeting minutes, the organization By-Laws, an organization chart and finally information about our awards program.
  • Calendar - The new calendar feature lets you search for courses and certifications based on how close they are (using the map application) or chronologically, using the list.  Do you have an event you want listed, send it to us, we can give you international recognition.
  • Education - Here you will find the new directories for Lead Evaluators and Instructors as well as downloads, course and certification descriptions and other education information.
  • Online Store - We still have the online store for your SAR and membership purchases.

We are still in the process of building on the website.  There are still tools that are being worked on that we will announce as they are completed.  Some items we are working on include:

  • Photo and illustration gallery that you can use for your presentations
  • Presentation/resource download area where you can share SAR related material with each other
  • Challenge coin and patch gallery to show off your team or agency.

There are also some hidden features to the website, and they might contain coupons or other exciting offers and rewards, so make sure you search the site completely.

Right now, the majority of the website is open for the world to see.  Over the course of the next few months we will slowly be converting some areas to member only status.  Members will be able to log in using their email and member number to access the member only information (your log in works today - try it out).  This is another benefit of becoming a NASAR member.  Once logged in, you can also change your profile information including your address, email, photo, etc.

Many of you will take time to look at the website and get accustomed to it.  Please let us know if you have any ideas about making it better and more valuable to you.  Also let us know what isn't working for you.  You may contact Chris Boyer at chrisb@nasar.org to provide your feedback or if you have any questions.
The National Association For Search And Rescue
http://www.nasar.org/

The National Association For Search And Rescue ยท PO Box 232020, Centerville, VA 20120-2020, United States
This email was sent to ilichten1@verizon.net. To stop receiving emails, click here.
You can also keep up with The National Association For Search And Rescue on Facebook.

Created with NationBuilder, the essential toolkit for leaders.

  • [MSAR] FW: New NASAR Website Goes Live !, irvin lichtenstein, 02/24/2015