msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Tracking from the saddle, etc

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Tracking from the saddle, etc
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 14:15:48 -0700

Paul, I was intentionally doing an end run by posting to SAR discussion. Even if the narrow minds continue to be unenlightened, going public with the Mantracker reality TV show example still reached lots of other non-riders in SAR - including some incident management - who will now have some better knowledge regarding MSAR potentials to balance against any continuing unenlightened comments. ;-)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Jorene Downs

SAR, CERT, Emergency Communications

Mounted SAR

http://www.ceoates.com/msar

KJ6JCD

From: Paul Fleming

Chris,

I agree with what you say about the leadership understanding. My comment was pointed at the "SAR trackers" mentioned. When people are so narrow minded about a subject it's usually not worth the time to try to enlighten them. I also fully agree that we must consistently work at spreading the knowledge of our capabilities. [...]