msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Rainbow Bridge

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Rainbow Bridge
  • Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 23:31:24 -0500 (CDT)

I am so sorry for your loss. It's very difficult to lose a good friend even when we know we'll see them again.  I'd like to share one of my favorite poems:

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there; I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumns rain.
When you awaken in the mornings hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry.
I am not there. I did not die.

May you find peace in the memories of a life well lived.
Chris
Big Bear Sheriff's Posse
MSAR