msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] National Night Out 2010

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: JEANRDH@aol.com
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] National Night Out 2010
  • Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 20:53:01 -0400 (EDT)

7 members of the Dakota County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol and their horses partnered with the Eagan, Minnesota Police Department to visit 20 block parties in Eagan on Tuesday, August 3rd.
Our teams enjoyed visiting with the public and educating them on the various roles that our horses are trained for, including MSAR.  Everyone enjoyed petting the horses, from the seniors to the tots held up by their parents.
We have participated with National Night Out/Night to Unite activities for 3 years now and find it very rewarding.

Jean Fredlund
Dakota County Sheriff's Mounted Patrol
MN Sheriff's Mounted Posse Association
Search, Rescue, & Recovery Resources of Minnesota
American Competitive Trail Horse Association
MN Horse Council