msar-riders - [MSAR] North Carolina

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: Una Smith <una.smith@att.net>
  • To: Mounted search and rescue <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [MSAR] North Carolina
  • Date: Sun, 7 Jun 2009 20:37:06 -0600

In the "Pants" thread, Lila Corey wrote:
> I live in NC and am so glad we don't have sub
>freezing weather often, but the downside of that is we never have time to
>acclimate to it either before it suddenly turns 65. I emailed you last year
>about starting a MSAR group in my area. We are working hard on it. Have
>our non-profit status, members that passed our horse/rider certifications
>which we adapted from other teams that have been in service longer and more
>experienced, got a small grant for some equipment, and are working on our
>certifications in search, first aid, etc. I have appreciated your help in
>the past and enjoying comments and education from everyone on the site.
>Thanks,
>Lila
>Chief,
>TESAR

Outstanding progress, Lila! Congratulations! If you post something
to MSAR-Riders that includes where in North Carolina your group is,
how to contact it, etc., I'll use that as an anchor for a link to your
group on http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/units/#North%20Carolina to maybe
help you with recruiting and networking.