msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] missing dun

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] missing dun
  • Date: Sat, 30 May 2009 13:44:39 -0500 (CDT)

Horse has been located.
Chris

May 30, 2009 12:31:06 PM, msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
I,m sure that you have already thought of this, but does this horse have a companion horse(or Barn Buddy)....I have been involved in several situations like this with other people's horses, and the most success that we have had was to get the barn buddy out on the trail.

We had at least 3 situations where mounted riders went right by the scared horse, who was 25-100 feet off the trail, standing there terrified, and when we introduced the barn buddy on the trail, the horse walked out.

My heart goes out to you...Good Luck

Missouri Emergency Response Service
Roger Vincent

  • Re: [MSAR] missing dun, pennbo, 05/30/2009