msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] gaited? to t'mi

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: pennbo@verizon.net
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] gaited? to t'mi
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 10:50:49 -0500 (CDT)

Morgans also come in a gaited (single footing) variety and always have. My next SAR horse will be a gaited Morgan mare. Just have to find the right one!

Chris

Here is a list of popular Gaited Horse Breeds: Albanian, American
Saddlebred, American Walking Pony, Andean Curly Horse, Fox Trotting
Horse, Gaited Morgan, Gaited Mules, Icelandic, Mangalarga Marchador,
Mountain Horses, North American Single-Footing Horse, Paso Fino,
Peruvian Paso, Racking Horse, Spanish Mustang, Spotted Saddle Horse,
Standardbred, Tennessee Walking Horse and Walkaloosa

Ride safe,
T'mi

David leadbetter wrote:

> When I think of gaited I think of trotters or pacers,as in harness racing
> Does this refer to something different in the US.
> Cheers
> Linda [Australia]

  • Re: [MSAR] gaited? to t'mi, pennbo, 05/12/2009