msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] Lost Person Behavior

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: "Jorene Downs" <Jorene@CEOates.com>
  • To: "'Mounted search and rescue'" <msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] Lost Person Behavior
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2008 21:50:06 -0800

While I’d like to see a copy of the article mentioned, folks might be interested in a recently published book  by Bob Koester, who did extensive international data gathering on lost person behavior.

Lost Person Behavior: A Search and Rescue Guide on Where to Look - for Land, Air, and Water by Robert J. Koester. 416 pages.

http://www.dbs-sar.com/

- - - - - -

Jorene Downs

SAR & CERT

Mounted SAR

www.ceoates.com/msar

===============

On Behalf Of IRVIN LICHTENSTEIN

An article that large should be posted to the archives and just a notice sent out that it is available.  There have been numerous studies of lost person behavior over the years, starting with Syrotuck(sp?) and others and often included in search management textbooks, such as Managing the Search Function (NASAR), Managing Search Operations (ERI), Managing the Lost Person Incident (NASAR), and separate articles in related journals.  Also check the SAR- BC website (www.sarbc.org) for additional material.

Irv Lichtenstein

On Behalf Of The Hitchn Post

Hello I forwarded an article on the psychology of a lost person a few days ago it was forwarded to me by the national  k-9 SAR that I subscribe to. It is excellent reading to anyone involved in SAR.
When I post something to msar-riders I usually get a e-mail back saying whether or not my e-mail was excepted , I did not with this so I was wondering if you received it or not and if it would be excepted or not.
It is 31 pages but as I said excellent reading for SAR members.

Thanks
Pam Williams
Iron County Mounted SAR