msar-riders - Re: [MSAR] hello! new member from east TN

msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Mounted search and rescue

  • From: MSAR <msar@ibiblio.org>
  • To: msar-riders@lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [MSAR] hello! new member from east TN
  • Date: Sun, 7 Sep 2008 15:30:33 -0400

Laury Hembree wrote:
>Hello! My name is Lauryn, and I am a new member who lives in east TN. I want
>to be a part of the mounted search and rescue team. I have a wonderful
>partnership with my black TN Walking horse gelding, and we have logged
>hundreds of trail miles, many in the backcountry of the Great Smoky
>Mountains, Cherokee  National Forest, Big South Fork and surrounding parks.
>I know the trails well, and would love to be notified if there is ever a
>search and rescue in my area of TN, NC., KY, and northern GA. I also have a
>friend, Marilyn, who has joined your group who would come with me. We both
>have horse trailers and can be at the search site pretty fast if needed. Is
>there any extra training we need to take in our area (near Knoxville, Loudon
>County, etc)?
>Thanks for any information! Looking forward to getting to know you all!
>
>Lauryn

The above was posted to MSAR-ASTM, but it more properly belongs here
on MSAR-Riders, so I am copying it here.

Welcome Laury,

Thanks for introducing yourself to us. There are several other eastern
Tennessee riders here on MSAR-Riders, looking to form a mounted field
team. I'll let them (re)introduce themselves.

In Georgia, each county has an emergency management agency and there is
a push underway to administer SAR within those agencies. Georgia has
a number of established SAR teams, however, that respond regionally or
statewide.

Mounted Search and Rescue
http://www.ibiblio.org/msar/

MSAR-Riders